- Shipping + Returns
Shipping + Returns
This is the Shipping section of the Standard Terms and Conditions. Click here to view Terms and Conditions in its entirety.
Delivery of Product
We use the following methods of freight for small shipments:
- Express Saver (Ground, 3-6 day service)
- Standard Overnight
- 2-Day Collect (payment is collected at the time the order is delivered)
- Pick-Up (customer may pick up their shipment at our warehouse in Kansas City, KS and save on all freight charges)
Equipment over 70 lbs. will be shipped by common carrier or vanline service (4-6 day service). Call one of our sales representatives at 800.444.1579 for a freight quote.
Delivery options are listed below and should be discussed at the time the order is taken. Some of our equipment is heavy and/or bulky and can't be delivered utilizing normal delivery procedures. Therefore, Customers have the option of requesting "special delivery" instructions. There may be some confusion regarding special delivery services, the terms used, what services are actually provided and the associated fees. Therefore, we feel it is best to explain the delivery terms and the types of services.
All orders for CoJack Tables, Electric Lift Tables, Surgery Tables, Tub/Treatment Tables, Exam Cabinet Tables, 60" x 36" and 72" x 36" Double-Door Kennels, Cat Condos, Run Systems and all Mobile Transport Kennels will automatically be shipped with "Inside Delivery--Call for Assistance" Instructions.
We recommend you consider using "Inside Delivery-Assistance Provided" as these items are extremely heavy. (Universities and government agencies are excluded unless expressly specified). The following terms explain optional services available through commercial freight lines. There will be extra charge for the services noted below under items 2, 4, and 5 and that will be added to your invoice
- Call Before Shipping - A Shor-Line representative will call Customer before shipping the product from the factory to ensure the Customer is ready to receive the equipment. This is primarily used for new clinics that will be opening or customers with irregular working hours.
- Call Before Delivery for Assistance - Trucking company will call Customer before delivery so that Customer can make arrangements to have adequate personnel to lift item off the truck and carry within the clinic. But the driver is not required to assist in unloading item off the truck. The driver is only responsible for getting the product to the rear of the truck. (Adequate "Call for Assistance" personnel must be at least three people that are able to lift heavy equipment.)
- Inside Delivery - Call for Assistance - Trucking company will call before delivery so that Customer can make arrangements to have adequate personnel to assist the driver in taking the equipment off the truck and carrying it into the clinic. (Adequate "Inside Delivery" personnel must be at least three people that are able to lift heavy equipment.)
- Liftgate Service - For items that are too heavy and cumbersome to safely lift off the back of the truck.
- Manpower - Manpower to unload equipment can be provided to unload on vanline orders.
All optional services must be requested at time equipment is ordered and will be reflected on the Customer Order. Optional services requested by the Customer will be billed with the order by Shor-Line. Bills-of-lading will carry the following statement: Any Additional Charges Will Be Paid By the Customer. Please be aware that these delivery services are optional and must be requested at the time the order is placed.
Note: Keep in mind that if the truckline is unable to make delivery and there are no special delivery instructions, the redelivery charge will be billed to the customer.
Call our Customer Service Department (1.800.444.1579) for the fees associated with these services. *These product delivery terms are for Continental U.S. Outlet products do not ship Internationally or to Alaska or Hawaii.
Contact our Outlet Traffic Department toll-free at 1.800.444.1579 for additional questions.
Contact our Technical Services Department toll-free at 1.800.444.1579.
How To File A Freight Claim
- Inspect ALL packages upon arrival. If containers show evidence of damage when delivered the packages should be opened immediately before the driver leaves. The shipment should be inventoried and inspected jointly by the Customer and the driver. The driver will then make proper notation on the delivery receipt.
Customer must inspect all materials for shortages, damages, conformity with order and defects before signing any documentation requested by the carrier. Customer must immediately complete such inspection and shall not accept delivery of goods that are damaged or not in accordance with the bill of lading or packing slip without proper notification to the carrier and Shor-Line. If goods are damaged, defective, shorted or appear not to conform to the order, Customer shall discontinue their use and immediately notify the carrier and Shor-Line of such condition and afford a reasonable opportunity to inspect the same.
Customer shall make, or provide Shor-Line in writing with all information necessary to make, a claim against such carrier for any shortage, damage, or discrepancy of the shipment within fifteen (15) days after receipt of the goods. Claims or written information thereon not so presented within fifteen (15) days after receipt of the goods will not be allowed. No returned products will be accepted, credited or replaced, unless arrangements for their return have been made in compliance with Shor-Line's Return Policy. If containers do not show evidence of damage, there may be "concealed damage". Customer must report any concealed damage within 15 days after receipt of the shipment. Such report is to be made directly to Shor-Line's Traffic Department who will file a claim with the carrier. All packaging and contents must be held for this inspection.
- Customer must check goods, contents against packing slip, weight against bill of lading, containers, etc.
- Customer fills out "Inspection Report of Loss or Damage Discovered After Delivery" (a standard form).
- Customer and consignee both sign this form. A copy is left with the consignee and should be forwarded to Shor-Line's traffic department to file a claim.
- Call Shor-Line's Traffic Department to file a claim (1.800.444.1579). We will go to work right away and arrange for pick-up, return shipment, and replacement of the product.
Return Policy & Repairs
All products being returned for any reason or delivered for repair service (whether or not pursuant to our Limited Warranty) must receive advance authorization from Shor-Line. Customer must contact Shor-Line's Technical Service Department at 1.800.444.1579 to receive a Return Authorization. All products returned, except for warranty service or pursuant to the Product Satisfaction policy, are subject to a minimum 15% restocking charge. Customer will be responsible for all freight charges on returns.
Return Product Authorization
To assure efficient handling on damaged or defective equipment, or repairs, please contact our Technical Service Department for Return Product Authorization (1.800.444.1579). Failure to obtain Return Product Authorization will only delay the processing of your matter and may result in the denial of any repair, replacement or credit.