Shor-Line offers the following Outlet Categories, and the warranty terms will match these categories, unless specified in writing:
- Category I—We give you the same Standard Shor-Line Limited Warranty and support that we offer on new products, plus we have the same Product Satisfaction policy that we offer on new products.
- Category II— These products are warranted to be free from defects (except for those defects noted in the description of the outlet product) for only one (1) year. All other terms of Standard Shor-Line Limited Warranty and the same Product Satisfaction policy will apply.
- AS-IS, No Warranty— These products are offer “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY. All sales of AS-IS Outlet Products are final with no return or refund.
Standard Shor-Line Limited Warranty Terms
This is the warranty section of the Standard Terms and Conditions. Click here to view in its entirety.
- PRODUCT SATISFACTION In the event Buyer is not fully satisfied with the quality or workmanship of a product, Seller in its sole discretion may arrange either to credit Seller’s account (excluding shipping and handling costs) or replace the product. However, Buyer must notify Seller in writing of its dissatisfaction within fifteen (15) days of receipt of the product from Seller and immediately discontinue its use. Buyer also must return the rejected product to Seller freight paid within thirty (30) days of its receipt in compliance with Seller’s Return Policy stated below. Seller’s obligation is limited to providing the applicable credit or product replacement, which will be processed only after receipt of the retuned product. In addition, this Product Satisfaction policy does not apply to specially designed, discontinued, used, factory second or repaired products.
- LIMITED WARRANTY Seller warrants to the initial purchaser only of products manufactured by it that such products are free from defects in materials or labor for varying periods depending on the particular product and subject to the limitations and conditions set forth herein. Seller’s stainless steel products are warranted to be free from such defects for their normal useful life. Seller’s mechanical and electrical products, parts, devices and components (including such parts, devices and components of stainless steel products), and other-non-stainless steel products are warranted to be free from such defects for only one year. Seller disclaims any express or implied warranty for products not manufactured by Seller and the only warranty available therefore to Buyer is that offered by the products’ manufacturers.
The warranty period shall run from the date of delivery to Buyer. If within the applicable warranty period a product proves to be defective as described herein, Seller will repair or replace the product, at Seller’s sole discretion, conditional upon Buyer’s written notice of the defect within fifteen (15) days after its discovery. Upon receipt of Buyer’s notice including substantiation of Buyer’s status as the initial purchaser and details of the defect, Seller shall advise Buyer whether it plans to repair or replace the product. Seller’s obligation is solely limited to repair or replacement of a defective product and in no event shall Seller be liable for transportation from or to Seller’s offices or any other expense which may arise in connection with this Limited Warranty or the aforementioned Product Satisfaction policy.
SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND WHATSOVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS, AND/OR MERCHANTABILITY. THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY CONSTITUTES SELLER’S ONLY WARRANTY AND NO PERSON OR ENTITY IS AUTHORIZED, ON BEHALF OF THE SELLER, TO MODIFY OR EXPAND UPON THE PROVISION EXPRESSED IN THIS PARAGRAPH NUMBER NINE. THE SELLER’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED AS PROVIDED FOR ABOVE AND THE FOREGOING SHALL BE THE BUYER’S SOLE REMEDY AND RECOURSE . There are no warranties which extend beyond the description on the face hereof and goods are sold as is. Seller’s Limited Warranty is only available to the initial purchaser of its products and is effective only upon compliance with the terms set forth herein.
Buyer agrees that the products subject to this Limited Warranty will be properly maintained in the ordinary course of business. Buyer agrees to comply with all instructions and specifications furnished by Seller relating to the installation, care, use and application of products purchased. Buyer agrees that it will not modify, misapply, or misuse such products in any manner which would deviate from Seller’s instructions. Any repairs, alterations or service provided by parties other than Seller, or its authorized representative, may void this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty shall not apply to normal wear and tear, improper or insufficient maintenance, routine maintenance, or damage caused by accident, negligence, improper operation or the use of corrosive materials (including without limitation bleach or sodium hypochlorite used on stainless steel surfaces). THE SELLER’S LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT BE EFFECTIVE AND SHALL BE VOID UNLESS GOODS ARE APPLIED AND USED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SELLER’S INSTRUCTIONS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY SPECIAL, LIQUIDATED, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES BASED UPON LOST GOODWILL, LOST SALES OR PROFITS, WORK STOPPAGE, DELAY, PRODUCT FAILURE, IMPAIRMENT OF GOODS OR OTHERWISE AND WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, and in any case, Seller’s liability for any and all losses and damages sustained by Buyer and others shall not exceed the original purchase price of the product(s) upon which liability is founded.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY ACTION BE COMMENCED AGAINST THE SELLER MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO WHICH THE CLAIM IS MADE HAS ACCRUED. SELLER SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR EXPENSES FOR REPAIRS NOT MADE BY SELLER WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF SELLER.
- RETURN POLICY All products being returned for any reason or delivered for repair service (whether or not pursuant to the Limited Warranty) must receive advance authorization from Seller. Buyer must contact Seller’s Technical Service Department at 1.800.444.1579 to receive a Return Authorization Number. All products returned, except for warranty service or pursuant to the Product Satisfaction policy, are subject to a minimum 15% restocking charge. Buyer will be responsible for all freight charges on returns.